Sunday, July 24, 2011

1950's Bridesmaid's Brunch

As the Big Day grew closer I wanted to make sure I spent some time with my girls. I know how stressful the week of the wedding can be, so my mom and I decided to have a brunch the day before the wedding just for us girls. Instantly, my mind started to go a hundred miles a minute. What can I do to make it "not your grandma's brunch". I am a big recipe collector and one day stumbled upon a really cute 50's themed recipe card, and it was love at first sight. Why not have a 50's themed brunch, dress code strictly enforced.

So here are the invitations that I made mimicking the 50's recipe card. It was so simple, cheap, and it hit the spot. 

What's a party without decorations? We went shopping, looking for anything polka dot, checkered, cherry, basically anything that seemed 50's. We looked everywhere and could only find the typical 50's Sock Hop. So once again we had to chane our focus and look somewhere unexpected. We ended up finding the most perfect place mats at the dollar store. We also found red gingham plates, napkins, and table cloths. We used mason jars filled with daisies as the centerpieces. Simple and Chic.
 The Menu was simple, sweet, a it took you down memory lane. Quiche, tea sandwiches, a simple cucumber-tomato salad, and deviled eggs were swerved on makeshift "cake stands." These super easy cake stands really made a huge impact on the Brunch Bar.
 
Andrea's Makeshift "Cake Stand"
-Inexpensive Plates in multiple sizes ( glass, antique, ceramic, ect. ) we got them from the $Store
-Inexpensive Large Glass Cups ( Sundae Cup, Milkshake Cup, Beer Cup ect.) You want to make sure they are decorative, and have a sturdy base. We got them from the $Store as well.
- Hot Glue Gun
Start by flipping the Large Cup over, ( base on top). Using clear glue, attach the center of the glass plate to the base of the cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment